How do I use VPC editor to create Word 2007 / 2010 DOC for use with VPC
This document (7006940) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ VigilEnt Policy Center 5.6 SP2 Hotfix 73354
Microsoft Word 2007
Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
To install this hotfix:
- Log on to the NetIQ VigilEnt Policy Center server computer with a local administrator account.
- Run the VPC56200_Hotfix73354.exe file.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard until you have finished installing the hotfix.
Why Install This Hotfix?
This hotfix resolves an issue where the Microsoft Word policy editor in VigilEnt Policy Center was unable to read, create, or edit Microsoft Word 2010 documents. (ENG299150)
- To be able to save a document in the Word policy editor using Microsoft Office 2010 and Internet Explorer 8, you must disable Protected Mode in the Internet Options of Internet Explorer. For more information, see the Help for Internet Explorer.
- If you try to open a Word 2010 policy document on a Windows 7 computer, by default the document will open in an Office application window rather than in the browser window. This behavior does not affect any policy editor functionality. However, if you want to open the document in the browser window instead of the Office application window, you will need to perform some additional steps. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927009/en-us. Although the knowledge base article refers to Office 2007, the workaround is also applicable to Office 2010 on Windows 7 computers.
Verifying the Hotfix Installation
Complete the following steps to verify that the hotfix installation was successful.
- Once you have installed the hotfix, log on to the VigilEnt Policy Center Administration Site.
- Click the Administration tab, and then click About. The Current Version should be 5.6.2 (73354).
Modified Files and Registry Keys
This hotfix modifies the following files in the installation folder, by default C:\Program Files\NetIQ\VigilEnt Policy Center\:
- \server\shared\lib\vpc-gui.jar (Build Number 126.96.36.199)
- \server\shared\lib\vpc-policydocument-gui.jar (Build Number 188.8.131.52)
- \server\webapps\policy\Downloads\NetIQWordEditor.CAB (Build Number 184.108.40.206)
- \server\webapps\VpcAdmin\Downloads\NetIQWordEditor.CAB (Build Number 220.127.116.11)
This hotfix also adds the following file in the installation folder:
This hotfix is only supported for Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. The end users of the VPC Editor will need to remove the existing Netiq VPC Active X plugin BEFORE running the VPC Editor patched with this hotfix. To download the hotfix, see the NetIQ Product Support website:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7006940
- Creation Date:14-MAY-12
- Modified Date:01-JUN-12
- NetIQVigilEnt Policy Center
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback