How to collect an NCCredProvider log
This document (7007070) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Client 2 for Windows Vista/2008
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows Vista
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2
Credential provider debug logging for Windows7
In some cases, Novell Technical Services may ask for NCCredProvider log files, in order to investigate a problem related to the Novell Credential Provider.
1. Add a DWORD value called "Debug" set to 3 to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Authentication\NCCredProvider.
2. Duplicate the problem being seen.
3. Collect the NCCredProvider*.Log files created in the C:\ProgramData\Novell\Client\Log directory.
Note: The ProgramData directory may be hidden. To unhide it,
- Open Windows Explorer and and select "Organize" from the toolbar.
- Select "Folder and search options" and click on the "View" tab.
- Click the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" radio button under the "Hidden files and folders" item in Advanced settings.
- Click the "Apply" button to apply the change.
5. To disable logging, change the value for "Debug" to 0 (zero) or simply delete the "Debug" entry entirely.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007070
- Creation Date:18-OCT-10
- Modified Date:14-OCT-14
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback