How to use and register SUSE Linux Enterprise based add-on products
This document (7007133) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension Support Pack 1 (SP1)
Subscription Management Tool (SMT) for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Software Development Kit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- Open Enterprise Server
- Subscription Management Tool
- Real Time Extension
- Software Development Kit
- High Availability Extension
YaST2 provides two modules to maintain installation sources.
On SLE10 this is:
- Installation Source
- Add-on Product
- Software Repositories
- Add-on Product
Querying product database on SLE10:
test70:~ # rug pd
S | Name | Version | Category
| SUSE_SLES_SP3 | 10.3-0 | add-on
i | SUSE_SLES_SP3 | 10.3-0 | base
Querying product database on SLE11:
mspiggy:~ # zypper pd
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
S | Repository | Internal Name | Name | Version | Arch | Is Base
i | @System | sle-sdk | SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1 | 11.1-1.57 | x86_64 | No
i | @System | sle-smt | Subscription Management Tool for SUSE Linux Enterprise | 11-1.3 | x86_64 | No
i | @System | SUSE_SLES | SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 | 11.1-1.152 | x86_64 | Yes
If the product has been properly installed, the first column shows "i", else its empty. In case the Add-on product was added not using the appropriate YaST2 module, the product will get listed as installation source only but not as installed product. Thus a registration will not take this product into account when the responsible suse_register process is called.
Installing the add-on product
To install the add-on product:
- Start YaST2
- Software -> Add-on Product
- select the source and provide necessary information in case you use network based installation sources
- Accept the license
- Once the product got installed YaST2 Software Management will open and let you install packages.
If you do not need to install software at this time, please press the "Accept" button to finish.
- Finish the Novell Customer Center Configuration to (re-)register the system using the current installed products.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007133
- Creation Date:02-NOV-10
- Modified Date:30-APR-12
- NovellOpen Enterprise Server
- SUSESubscription Management ToolSUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time ExtensionSUSE Linux Enterprise ServerSUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback