Cannot change attributes in Forgotten Password email template
This document (7008099) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Section 5.5.2 : Adding Replacement Tags to Forgotten Password E-Mail Notification Templates.
* You can add only tags that correspond to LDAP attributes on the User object that the message is being sent to.
* The name of the tag you add must be exactly the same as the LDAP attribute name on the user object.
To see how LDAP attributes correspond to eDirectory attribute names, refer to the Schema Mapping Policy that is provided in the Identity Manager Driver for LDAP.
* No other configuration is necessary.
By default the templates uses:
However, it doesn't email the eDirectory "full name" attribute. Instead, it emails the login attribute(cn) instead. For example instead of "Dear Alison Blake" the greeting will be "Dear ablake".
- Identity Manager 3.6.1 Password Management Guide:
- Identity Manager 4.0 Password Management Guide:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7008099
- Creation Date:10-MAR-11
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
- NetIQIdentity Manager
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback