NetIQ Analysis Center 2.7.5 HotFix 7008405
This document (7008405) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ Analysis Center 2.7.5
This hotfix resolves a specific previous issue in NetIQ Analysis Center. This document outlines why you should install this hotfix.
This improvement was made in direct response to suggestions from our customers. We thank you for your time and valuable input. We hope you continue to help us ensure our products meet all your needs. You can post feedback in the Analysis Center forum on Qmunity, our community Web site that also includes product notifications, blogs, and product user groups.
This hotfix resolves the following issue.
PointWidth Property Reverts to Default Value
In a report, if you change the value of the PointWidth property (under ChartSeries) to 75, and you run and save the report, the value reverts to Default (which is 50) in either of the following circumstances:
- You select another report and then select the previously modified report
- You close and reopen the Analysis Center Console, and then select the previously modified report
For the list of software fixes and enhancements in previous releases, see Previous Releases.
This hotfix requires NetIQ Analysis Center 2.7.5.
For detailed information on hardware requirements and supported operating systems and browsers, see the NetIQ Analysis Center User Guide.
Installing This Hotfix
When you install this hotfix after applying Hotfix 7004799, Analysis Center does not re-create and run the ETL processing job. If you did not apply Hotfix 7004799, Analysis Center re-creates and runs the ETL processing job on each Analysis Center data source.
If you previously applied any hotfix listed in the Previous Releases section, the AC_OLAP database is not created again after applying this hotfix. If you did not apply any hotfix, Analysis Center re-creates the database and runs the OLAP processing job. You will be able to view your reports when the OLAP processing job has run successfully the first time after applying this hotfix. This will take some time, depending on the amount of data to process.
Install this hotfix on all computers with the following components:
- Data Extension
- Data Warehouse (AC_Warehouse database installed on a computer running Microsoft SQL Server)
- Web Service
Data Mart computers do not require this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
- Ensure that there are no administrative tasks in process, such as the pending addition or deletion of data sources.
- Using an account with administrative privileges, log on to the computer where you want to install the hotfix.
- Close all Analysis Center Consoles running on this computer.
- Run the
- Follow the wizard instructions.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 on each computer on which Analysis Center components are installed.
Verifying the Installation
Complete the following steps to verify that the installation was successful.
To check the installed version:
- For each computer on which Analysis Center components are installed, log on with a local administrator account.
Check the value of the following Windows Registry key:
After you install this hotfix, the value of the ProductLevel key is HF7008405.
This hotfix modifies the following files in the installation folder, by default C:\Program Files\NetIQ\Analysis Center.
This hotfix modifies the following files on Console computers:
- Console\NQRClib2.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- Console\NQACAdmin.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- Console\NQACApp.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- Console\NQACLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
This hotfix modifies the following files on Web Service computers:
- WebService\bin\NQACLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- WebService\bin\NQACService.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
This hotfix modifies the following files in the Bin folder on Data Warehouse computers:
- bin\NetIQETL.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- bin\NQOLAP90.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
- bin\NQOLAP100.dll (Build Number 2.7.710.0)
For a list of files modified in previous hotfixes, see the corresponding Knowledge Base articles.
This hotfix also includes enhancements added in the following hotfixes.
- Hotfix 7004799, May 2012
- Hotfix 73309, January 2012
- Hotfix 73251, November 2011
- Hotfix 73131, October 2011
- Hotfix 72687, March 2011
Hotfix 7004799, May 2012
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Resolves an issue in which the ETL job fails on Step 9 because the data is too long for certain tables in the AC_Warehouse and Data Mart databases. (ENG316551)
- Resolves an issue in which reports are moved to a deleted folder and are not accessible if you deleted a folder and then created a new folder with the same name. (ENG318224)
Hotfix 73309, January 2012
This hotfix resolves an issue in which dashboard reports intermittently fail and display a deadlock error. (ENG315088)
Hotfix 73251, November 2011
This hotfix allows NetIQ Analysis Center to filter hidden views that are created when you use the ad hoc computer list in AppManager 8.0 to populate a management group. (ENG311852)Hotfix 73131, October 2011
This hotfix resolves an issue where Analysis Center does not display the new metric name in the Console when you rename a metric using the Analysis Center Administrator Utility. Before you apply this hotfix, when you rename a parent metric, Analysis Center displays the new metric name in the report, but not in the Context tree in the Console. After you apply this hotfix, the new metric name is displayed correctly in the report and the Console. (ENG307808)
Hotfix 72687, March 2011
This hotfix adds the following support and resolves the following issues:
- Adds support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, in addition to existing support for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
- Resolves an issue that causes an error in the Add Datasource wizard when the Data Mart is installed on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. (ENG298742)
- Resolves an issue in which Analysis Center does not collect AppManager virtual server objects as computers. Analysis Center now recognizes and loads data from virtual server objects in the Microsoft Windows OS module for AppManager. (ENG300457, ENG301891, ENG300106)
- Optimizes account validation, which may improve the speed of working in the Analysis Center Console. (ENG294865)
- Corrects an issue when the Analysis Center Console and the AppManager Control Center Console are installed on the same computer. If there are open Control Center Consoles on the computer, the links to those Consoles from the Analysis Center Console now work. The links are located in the Tasks pane in the Related Links section. (ENG295546)
- Corrects an issue when using the Interval attribute of the Time context. Analysis Center now returns an interval for the Interval attribute, rather than a time range. (ENG300752)
- Corrects an issue when you select contexts in the Analysis Center Console. The query was optimized and may increase the speed of rendering the Machine Group tree in the Console. (ENG292187)
- Resolves an issue in which Analysis Center ignores a specified report width when you save the report and deploy it to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). In the Properties pane of the Analysis Center Console, if you specify a width value in the Comments field, and then save the report and deploy it to SSRS, Analysis Center now applies the specified width. (ENG303963)
- Resolves an issue in which ETL Step 16 fails with the following error:
Exec dbo.GroomFactData @idLoad, @idETLStep failed with the following error: "Cannot drop the table 'dbo.Data_xxxxxxxx'"
Analysis Center now verifies the existence of the table, and the ETL process no longer fails on Step 16 because of this error. (ENG293888)
- Improves the way Analysis Center recovers from ETL failures. When the ETL process is not working for more than 48 hours, Analysis Center now collects data incrementally, every 48 hours. This reduces the load for ETL Step 16 and reduces the risk of a Step 16 failure the next time you process the ETL job. This applies to new data only, not to historical data that you loaded when you set up the data source. Because data collection in this situation is incremental, you might need to allow the ETL job to run more than once to obtain all the latest data. If you need to increase or decrease the frequency of the incremental data collection, contact NetIQ Technical Support. See the Support Contact Information Web site. (ENG300768)
- Resolves an issue in which the data table in the QDB is empty, causing Analysis Center to duplicate each data point in the table. ETL processing now handles empty data tables correctly, and no longer duplicates data points. (ENG283606)
- Corrects an issue when scanning multiple partitions across time zones. Analysis Center now processes non-UTC partitions based on UTC time so that the data distribution is correct in the cube partitions. This also may improve performance when executing reports. (ENG282777)
- Corrects an issue after running the Analysis Center Installation Job. Analysis Center now processes non-UTC cube partitions based on UTC time so that the OLAP processing job no longer deletes partitions unexpectedly. (ENG291634)
- Corrects an issue that occurs if you do a manual full process of the AC_OLAP cubes. Manual processing no longer results in potential data gaps or duplicate data. (ENG283608)
- Resolves an issue that causes the following error on OLAP Step 9:
Rigid relationships between attributes cannot be changed during incremental processing of a dimension.
Analysis Center now supports a dimension hierarchy that can be incrementally processed when it has child elements with multiple parents. (ENG286417)
- Resolves an issue in which OLAP Step 9 fails because of invalid modification times in the QDB and aggregations. (ENG298689)
- Resolves an issue in which OLAP Step 11 does not respond when there are a large number of servers and management groups. The process no longer hangs in this situation. (ENG288658)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7008405
- Creation Date:30-MAY-12
- Modified Date:05-JUL-12
- NetIQAnalysis Center
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback