Remote Manager login fails. NRM,LUM,Remote Manager,Login Fails,
This document (7009282) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 2
Novell Remote Manager
Linux User Management
Root user is able to login to Remote Manager.
Unable to use "id admin" to verify that the admin user is LUM enabled.
Default admingroup is missing.
For non-Admin users to log in using eDirectory credentials, they must be users enabled for Linux User Management. Users who are enabled for Linux User Management have a Linux Profile tab on their Modify User page in iManager and an eDirectory object that is associated with the UNIX Workstation object that represents the Linux server.
In this case the admin user was not LUM enabled during the installation. The following steps will walk you through the creation of an admin group, LUM enabling the admingroup, and LUM enabling the admin user.
1. Launch iManager
2. In Roles and Tasks, select Groups > Create Group.
3. On the Create Group page, specify the group (admingroup) and context for the group.
4. Select the group type. The default admingroup is not a dynamic, or nested group.
5. Click Modify. And select the Membership tab, then browse for the admin user and add the user to the group.
LUM enable the admingroup:
1. Select Linux User Management > Enable Groups for Linux
2. Select a group to be enabled for Linux User Management. (In this case select admingroup.)
3. Select Linux-enable all users in these Groups to enable all users in the group for Linux User Management.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the Unix workstation object associated with this server, and the unix config object of the workstation.
7. A summary of the selected object and workstation is displayed.
8. Click Finish.
Restart NAMCD: rcnamcd restart
You should now be able to "id admin" as well as login with the admin user in Remote Manager.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7009282
- Creation Date:01-SEP-11
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellOpen Enterprise ServerOpen Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition (NOWS SBE)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback