NetStorage Authentication Domains show up blank in iManager due to corrupted NetStorage Management plugin
This document (7009850) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 2
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 3
You can alternatively add/remove authentication domains using NSAdmin ($ServerIP$/oneNet/nsadmin) However there are functions that the NetStorage Management iManager plugin can do that NSAdmin cannot, so we need to repair the corrupted plugin.
2. Uninstall the netstorage plugin from iManager:
Go to configure > Plugin installation > Installed Novell Plug-in Modules and uninstall Netstorage Management plug-in.
3. Restart Tomcat (rcnovell-tomcat5 restart)
4. Delete nsadmin.jar from /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/lib
5. Delete nsadmin.npm from /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/packages
6. Delete the NetStorage directory in /var/opt/novell/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/nps/org/apache/jsp/portal/modules
7. Restart Tomcat. (rcnovell-tomcat5 restart)
8. Download the latest NetStorage Management plugin from download.novell.com, or just take it from another server running iManager that works (path is in step 5).
9. Login to iManager and add the plugin to the available plugins then install the plugin.
10. Restart Tomcat. (rcnovell-tomcat5 restart)
11. Login to iManager and test the plugin.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7009850
- Creation Date:05-DEC-11
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback