How to I fix a UNIX system stuck in maintenance mode?
This document (7010510) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- AppManager for UNIX 6.5
- AppManager for UNIX 7.0.1
- NetIQ UNIX Agent 7.1
- AppManager 7.0.x
- AppManager 8.0.x
Delete the UNIX machine object, and re-add it.
- Find the UNIX machine, right click -> Delete Object
- Open the Microsoft SQL management studio for the AppManager database
- Run the NetIQ Hourly QDB and NetIQ Daily QDB jobs. (under "SQL server Agent")
(This ensures the old machine information is cleaned up)
- Re-add the UNIX systems hostname to the console
Manually reset the object status in the database.
- In the operator console, click on the stuck machine, press <alt>+<f8>
- Record the objid number (objid=XXX) in the titlebar of the resulting window.
- Close all open operator consoles and control center windows
- Execute the following SQL query on your QDB through the MsSQL query analyzer (replacing 000000 with the objid from step 2)
update object set Status = -1879048188 where objid = 000000;
- Run the NetIQ Minutely, NetIQ Hourly QDB and NetIQ Daily QDB jobs. (under "SQL server Agent")
- Re-open the operator console after a few moments and check the status of the object.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7010510
- Creation Date:24-JUL-12
- Modified Date:24-JUL-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback