Why is the "proxy user" field blank when installing NCS on OES2sp3?
This document (7010513) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 3
This did not occur if most of the previous components (to NCS) were installed & configured, and the host restarted before installing NCS.
In the mean time, a quick resolution is to insure the /etc/sysconfig/novell/oes-ldap file has the following 3 fields populated correctly:
the last 2 should be "yes" while the first should contain the proper OESCommonProxy user for the given server, *BEFORE* configuring NCS. If you are in the midst of configuring NCS, you may be able to:
- exist yast
- update /etc/sysconfig/novell/oes-ldap to contain the proper information
- restart yast and go to configure NCS
- autoyast build SLES10SP3 & base add-on of OES2SP3 (via autoyast script)
- register with SMT server & patch to current
- install LUM & configure LUM & LDAP
- Install eDir, NSS, and NCP
- Install 3rd party multi-pathing software
- Install NCS
If LDAP is not set to be configured, then the eDirectory install/configuration routines honor that setting and do not modify any of the fields in oes-ldap.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7010513
- Creation Date:24-JUL-12
- Modified Date:24-JUL-12
- NovellCluster ServicesOpen Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback