How to troubleshoot Connector Gateway issues.
This document (7011237) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Connector Manager on Windows system needs java 32 bit as pre-request. This is only for the component connectorgateway.exe to start the connector gateway services, as this exe is 32 bit.
- If we don't have 32 bit version of java then you can also start the connector manager using below command.
Java -jar connectorgateway.jar
- If you are facing any issue while starting the connector gateway services then make sure you are at least able to start the CG with above java command.
- When you install CG as services, we need to provide the location of JDK_HOME. This should be 32 bit only. After installation also CG will only refers to the location of java which was provided while installation. Hence make sure we are not deleting / renamed / moving the JDK_HOME installed for CG. Even if we set JAVA_HOME or adding the JAVA_HOME/bin to PATH as environment variable, CG will only pick the JDK_HOME which was provided on install.bat while installation.
- To confirm the version / architecture of java installed for CG, please open install.bat, navigate the variable JDK_HOME, run command "java -version" it prints 64bit if its 64 bit and does not print the version if it is 32 bit.
- If you start the connector gateway services successfully, then please check the logs whether CG is able to connect successfully to CM/Agent. We need to check the log file connector_gateway.log for below trace.
INFO main - 2012/04/05 09:06:05 Connected to Connector Manager/Agents.
INFO main - 2012/04/05 09:06:05 Connector Gateway initialized successfully.
If there are any issues CG connecting to CM, then we expect below trace.
INFO main - 2012/04/05 09:05:31 Failed to connect to Connector Manager/Agents. Error- Connection refused: connect
INFO main - 2012/04/05 09:05:31 Possible cause: Connector Manager/Agents is down.
INFO main - 2012/04/05 09:05:31 Retrying...
- For sucessful communication make sure our configuration file init.xml has all parameters set correctly. We can configure the variable <hostname> with Ipaddress as well if we have issues with DNS. Please make sure we are providing the string MAINFRAME if the agent is running on mainframe.
- For connectivity issues, from CG machine please try telnet to CM/Agent port, for example below.
>telnet AgentHostName 2470
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011237
- Creation Date:15-AUG-12
- Modified Date:02-NOV-12
- NetIQAccess Governance
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback