Howto change the cache size for the NetIQ 3.2 Access Gateway Appliance after it has been installed
This document (7011374) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ Access Manager Gateway Appliance 3.2
- The Access Manager Admin Console does not offer a configuration option in order to change cache size reserve for the Access Gateway Appliance (AGA)
A background monitor process will make sure that the defined size will be used in order to clean up.
For the Access Gateway Appliance there is a configuration file called "/etc/opt/novell/ag/mod_disk_cache_monitor.conf" The directive "DiskCacheMonitorCacheStoreSize" which defines the limit in MB (e.G 1024 = 1GB). Changing this value requires to restart the proxy "/etc/init.d/novell-apache2 restart"
Caching is enabled per default and the proxy will use the HTTP cache control headers provided be the web server There are a few things which might impact caching.
- There is a global "cache options" configuration menu which allows you to "Disable Caching"
- As soon as you enable SSL between for a reverse proxy between the browser and the Access Gateway. The proxy will add the "no-store, no-cache" HTTP cache control headers. The reason behind this is to increase security making sure that data which is SSL protected will not be cached. As soon as you configure HTTP option "Allow Pages to Be Cached by the Browser" This will make sure the proxy will not add the "no-store, no-cache" headers just using the HTTP cache control headers send by the origin web server
- Adding a URLs to a PIN list will disable caching.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011374
- Creation Date:15-NOV-12
- Modified Date:15-NOV-12
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback