How to run virtualized applications offline in ZAV 10
This document (7011704) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell ZENworks Application Virtualization 10
- ZAV Server must have authentication set to require user login.
- Cannot have license restrictions set under the application details. Applications that have license restrictions need to validate permissions against the server.
- Application needs to be registered to the Start Menu from the ZAV console desktop client.
- Log in to the ZAV Server portal and run Firefox.
- Open the ZAV desktop client/console application by clicking on the icon in the system tray.
All applications that are run from the ZAV Server will be available in the list of applications on the ZAV console application.
- Then select Applications to see the list of applications that are available.
- Select an application, like Firefox, to show the details and then select 'Add to Start Menu'.
- After the application has been added to the Start Menu, it will be listed as “Offline ready” in application list ZAV client. Now the application is ready to be tested and run offline.
If the application does not show as available offline:
- Verify that there are no license restrictions on the application
- Verify that the application is fully downloaded and cached:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011704
- Creation Date:25-JAN-13
- Modified Date:07-MAR-13
- NovellDesktop Containers (ZENworks Application Virtualization)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback