NetIQ Access Manages naudit server does not work anymore after migratiing from 3.1.4 to 3.2
This document (7012099) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ Access Manager 3.2.1
- NetIQ Access Manager Console (AC) has been configured to run the naudit server component (lengine)
- No configuration changes have been applied to Auditing before or after running the NAM 3.1.4 to NAM 3.2 migration process (default settings are used)
- The naudit server (lengine) has been started on the AC without any problems
- configure all naudit platform agents to make use of port "1289"
=> open iManager
=> change the Port configuration option from "289" to "1289"
- configure the naudit Logging Server to use port "289"
=> open iManager
=> Roles and Tasks
=> Auditing and Logging
=> Logging Server Options
=> navigate to: [TreeName] Logging Server.Logging Services
=> Apply port "289" on Secure Logging Server Port (default / prefilled)
The migration process will not take of this change in order to change the platform agent configuration to make use of the new port
Note: The default port will only be used in case eDirectory does not store any configuration on the NAuditServer object NAuditConfiguration attribute as ServerPort:[Value]
- On Linux:
- check if the naudit server process is running: "ps aux | grep lengine"
- check if lengine is listening and on which port it is listenung: "netstat - patne | grep lengine"
- review the "/var/opt/novell/naudit/nproduct.log" for any potential errors
- check your platform agent configuration stored in "/etc/logevent.conf"
Note: make sure caching is enabled.
- On Windows
- check if the naudit server is running
open Administrative Tools => Services and search for the "Novell Audit Log Server"
- open cmd and run: "netstat -ano | findstr ":289 :1289"
- check the "c:\nproduct.log file"
- check your platform agent configuration stored in"C:\Windows\logevent.conf"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012099
- Creation Date:09-APR-13
- Modified Date:10-APR-13
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback