SSPR does not display error when password policy is violated
This document (7012130) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SSPR 2.0 HF1a
Win 2008 2 server
"Enforce Microsoft-AD password complexity" set to "true"
1. trying to reuse a password in the password history list, and
2. trying to change the password more than once in the same day with “Minimum password age" set to 1.
1. Login to SSPR, go to the Change password screen.
2. Attempt to change the password to a previously used password, or to change it more than once in the same day.
3. “New Password accepted” is displayed.
5. User is returned to the Change password screen. No error message is shown to the user, but the SSPR error log shows LDAP error 19 (constraint violation).
6. Try again to change to the same previously used password.
7. Message is presented saying “New password does not meet rule requirements” as expected.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012130
- Creation Date:11-APR-13
- Modified Date:28-JUN-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback