vldb repair not recreating the ~DFSINFO.8-P for cluster enabled volumes.
This document (7012206) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (OES 11) Linux
Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (OES 11) Linux Support Pack 1
The ~DFSINFO.8-P file can be recreated using the steps outlined in the documentation for OES2SP3 and OES11 by running a vldb repair or vldb add.
This procedure however will not work for cluster (NCS) enabled volumes.
However, a current workaround is to go trough these steps:
2. Copy a non corrupt ~DFSINFO.8-P from a working volume as base for the new file for the affected cluster volume.
3. Copy the GUID from the eDirectory volume object.
4. Past the GUID correctly into the ~DFSINFO.8-P using a HEX editor of your choice (like for instance UltraEdit).
Be Aware: The entry should be added in HEX, preserving the preceding FF FF 00 00 10 00 00 00 so it should look like:
FF FF 00 00 10 00 00 00 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
(where the xx form the volumes GUID).
5. Copy the newly adjusted ~DFSINFO.8-P to root of the affected volume.
6. Verify the owner and rights so they match: rrr root:root
7. Delete and recreate the junction toward this volume (as per documentation).
StatusReported to Engineering
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012206
- Creation Date:25-APR-13
- Modified Date:25-APR-13
- NovellOpen Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback