NetIQ Change Guardian 4.0
NetIQ Change Guardian 4.0.1
NetIQ Change Guardian 4.1
To collect logs for Change Guardian 4.1 or later follow these instructions.
1.) Go to /var/opt/novell/sentinel/log
2.) Collect all the contents of this folder and compress it and email it in. If the file is too large other arrangements can be made to send the logs.
To enable logging for the Change Guardian Server 4.0 and 4.0.1 follow these instructions.
1) At the command line type: cd /etc/iqconnect.d
2) Then to edit the file type : vi CGPR.conf
3) Locate the Loglevel value and using your keyboard highlight the value and only the numeric value.
4) Type cw
5) Then type in the value 5 to increase the log level and 3 to return it to normal log level.
6) Press the ESC key to exit Insert mode.
7) Press the : key
8) Next to the : type wq to save and exit the file.
9) Type: service sentinel restart (to restart the service so the log level will take effect)
10) Once you have collected enough data and/or reproduced the issue type: cd /opt/netiq/cg/log .
11) Then collect the VigilEntagent_8094.log file and move it to another location.
12) Once you have saved the log file to a different location go back and reset the log level to 3 using the instructions above.
–Fatal – 1 - only shows the most critical log entries
–Error - 2 - only shows errors we can’t recover from
–Warning - 3 - only shows errors that can be recovered from; Default logging level
–Informative - 4 - shows informational messages
–Debug - 5 - very verbose; don’t leave enabled for long; useful for support above level 3
Any issue that may need to be further investigated on the Change Guardian Server.
This article describes how to edit the log file CGPR.conf using vi editor. However any other editor may be used to modify the file that is available to the user.
Please also note that all of the commands specified in this article are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as written.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.