How to install a stand-alone GroupWise 2012 Document Viewer Agent (GWDVA) as a Windows service
This document (7012347) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
GroupWise 2012 Document Viewer Agent
Microsoft Windows Server
However, some customers want to run the DVA on a Windows server that does not have a POA configured (a WebAccess server, for example), but the installer does not give the option to create a stand-alone GWDVA as a service, so when installed using the "Install the software, but do not configure the agents" option in the GroupWise installer, the gwdva.exe executable runs as an application rather than a Windows service.
- Run setup.exe from the GroupWise 2012 installation directory
- When the "GroupWise - InstallShield Wizard" window comes up, click "Install GroupWise System"
- On the next screen, select the default of "Standard" setup type
- On the next screen, select the button for "Install individual components" and under "Select the GroupWise components you want to install" check only the box for "GroupWise Agents"
- On the "installation Path" screen, accept the default path of C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents and check the box for "Install the software, but do not configure the agents" and click "Next" and then "Install"
- sc create GWDVA start= auto binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents\gwdva.exe" displayname= GWDVA
- echo /home-c:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents >> c:\"Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents"\strtup.dva
- reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\gwdva /v Parm /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents\strtup.dva"
Note: The configuration step 2 above only adds the /home switch to the GWDVA startup file, but you can configure other options (IP address and port, user/password for the HTTP interface, etc) by editing the strtup.dva file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise Server\Agents\
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012347
- Creation Date:01-MAY-13
- Modified Date:01-MAY-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback