Unable to connect to LDAP server using SSL
This document (7012481) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Can't connect to LDAPS with Mobility
Connecting unsecure with port 389 is successful, but not with port 636 Secure.
DataSync WebAdmin | Manage Global Settings | Selecting Secure LDAP Port 636 | Save LDAP Settings shows error:
Could not connect to LDAP server "ldaps://serverAddress:636"
- Verify the Server Certificates are valid.
- Log into iManager with an administrator with proper rights.
- From the Roles and Tasks menu, select Novell Certificate Access | Server Certificates
- Select the magnifying glass and browse to the specified LDAP server.
- Check all and then select Validate
- If certificates are invalid, follow TID 7006567 to renew the invalid certificates.
- Option A - WebAdmin:
- Login to WebAdmin with server's root credentials.
- Select Manage Global Settings from the top-right
- Change LDAP Port to the secure port (default: 636) and select Secure
- Click Save LDAP Settings
- Option B - Terminal:
- Edit /etc/datasync/configengine/configengine.xml
- Within the <ldap> section, modify the following:
Note: Use the LDAP secure port (default: 636)
- Save the file.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012481
- Creation Date:24-MAY-13
- Modified Date:10-DEC-13
- NovellGroupWiseGroupWise Mobility Service
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback