Unable to start ArchiveAgent
This document (7012724) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Messages building up in AA/queue directory.
rcnovell-nmaa start reports failed, status reports not running. PID file not created for agent.
ps aux | grep -i nmaa reports agent running as root instead of configured uid (/etc/opt/novell/messenger/uid.conf)
Successfive rcnovell-nmaa start commands would startup/spawn more processes
rcnovell-nmaa stop doesn't work because no PID is created.
AA did 'start', but only listening on MTP port, not HTTP or C/S
Process has to be killed to terminate.
NMMA (Messaging Agent) reports in logs:
MTP Error sending session to Archive Agent [0x001]
- From a terminal window, type: cat /etc/opt/novell/messenger/uid.conf and press [Enter]
Note: If there is no file specified, then the default is to run as root.
- Otherwise, the userID will be displayed. For example:
Configure directory for proper ownership:
- Determine the ArchiveAgent Queue Path (default: /var/opt/novell/messenger/aa/queue)
- ConsoleOne | Messenger Service | Server object | Properties of ArchiveAgent | Agent tab | Archive | Queue Path
For example, chown -R nvlmsgr:nvlmsgr *
rcnovell-nmaa restart; rcnovell-nmma restart
Watch count for ArchiveAgent Queue Directory:
- From a terminal window, type the following while in the ArchiveAgent Queue directory:
watch -d -n5 'ls | wc -l'
- Wait for the queue to empty out, if there are any leftover files after a good amount of time that begin with an x, move them.
mv x* /tmp
- Likewise, remove any 0 byte files that may be leftover:
mv `find . -size 0` /tmp
Note: It's also possible for corrupt messages from Steps 2 and 3 to prevent proper processing of the queue.
Update the ArchiveAgent Indexes for proper searching of the Archive:
- From the ArchiveAgent's HTTP WebConsole | Configuration | Archive Maintenance, select either Update Indexes or Delete & Regenerate Indexes
- Monitor progress of the Reindex:
- The following will appear in the ArchiveAgent log:
B70 ARC Rebuild of Indexes Started
B70 ARC Update of Indexes Started
B70 ARC Update of Indexes Complete
B70 ARC Rebuild of Indexes Complete
- Files will grow in the ArchiveAgent's store qfidx directory (default: /var/opt/novell/messenger/aa/store/qfidx):
watch -d -n1 'ls -l' /var/opt/novell/messenger/aa/store/qfidx
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012724
- Creation Date:26-JUN-13
- Modified Date:26-JUN-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback