Device using AHCI drivers unusable after restoring image
This document (7012798) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- AHCI drivers are installed in the base machine and the base machine boots up correctly in AHCI mode.
- chkdsk /f shows no errors in base machine.
- An image is taken of this device
- After restoring the image to another device that is using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface), either:
- the system hangs at the initial screen and the login prompt is never displayed, or
- error "Disk Read Error"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012798
- Creation Date:08-JUL-13
- Modified Date:28-OCT-13
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback