iPrint error: "Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct"
This document (7012818) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Error code: 11004
Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database but its associated data is not correct.
As the error implies, there is a problem with the DNS database entry. To find where the problem lies, follow these steps:
1. On the iPrint server, examine the "PSMHostAddress" entry in the /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/ipsmd.conf.
2. From a terminal on the server, ping the DNS name listed for "PSMHostAddress".
3. From a CMD prompt at the workstation, ping the DNS name listed for "PSMHostAddress".
If either of these is not the correct address, the DNS server is not configured to deliver the correct address (or, the "wrong" DNS server is being accessed).
4. From a CMD prompt at the workstation, type "nslookup" (name server lookup) to determine the DNS server being used.
If the DNS server is not correct:
5. Examine the network TCP/IP configuration on the workstation.
If statically configured, verify that the DNS server address is correct.
If configured to obtain an IP address automatically, using the DNS/DHCP Console, verify that the DHCP server is properly configured to deliver the correct DNS server address (DHCP Option 6).
If still unable to determine the source of the incorrect DNS information, obtain a boot up LAN trace and examine the DNS and DHCP packets.
Once the workstation is accessing the correct DNS server, with the correct record for the server listed for the "PSMHostAddress", the problem should be resolved.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012818
- Creation Date:09-JUL-13
- Modified Date:09-JUL-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback