"No AirPrint Printers Found" when trying to print from iOS device.
This document (7012895) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
iOS Apps which use AirPrint are:
Note 2: The following iOS Apps are known to work with the Novell iPrint App:
- Adobe Reader
- Attachments in Mail app (except for photos)
- Implementing a DNS-SD solution to advertise iPrint printers
- Implementing a satellite Avahi listener / responder to advertise iPrint printers
- Implementing an Avahi reflector to advertise iPrint printers
You can also watch a demonstration video showing how to configure the above 2 solutions.
- Wireless network with no interconnection (no routers involved, every device on the same 'network')
- IP Multicast network (IP Multicast must be enabled on network devices such as routers and switches)
- Have a single subnet network where the iPrint Appliance and wireless clients reside on the same network segment. This requirement may exist in small deployments. Enabling iPrint Printers for Avahi within the iPrint Appliance Management Console's Printers page will work. However, in an enterprise environment with multiple subnets, this is not possible.
- Enable forwarding of multi-cast frames across routers. This leads to increased traffic across different networks and poor wireless performance.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012895
- Creation Date:17-JUL-13
- Modified Date:12-AUG-15
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback