Network card not initialized on SLES 11 target physical machine
This document (7012911) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
2. Run the "ifconfig" command to determine which NIC are active.
3. Using the NIC information from step 2, verify device naming convention and MAC address of the NIC by executing the following command:
4. Remove the non existing Network Interface Card in "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules" file by editing it.
5. Ensure that NIC "NAME" attribute in "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules" file starts from "eth0" and goes on like "eth1", "eth2" for more NICs.
6. Refresh discovery of the source SLES 11 VM prior to configuring the V2P job to fake physical target.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012911
- Creation Date:19-JUL-13
- Modified Date:05-MAY-16
- NetIQPlateSpin Migrate
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback