ZCM Bundle Settings are imported to 'Published' version rather than 'Sandbox' version
This document (7012916) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Changes on the Summary Page:
ZENworks Explorer Folder Path: /Novell/Test Bundles
Changes on the Settings > System Variable page:
Add a system variable: Variable-A=first value
Add a system variable: Variable-B=Second value
2. Publish the sandbox to a new version.
3. Export the bundles settings via zman: zman bsetf -s "/bundles/Bundle-1" C:\Bundle-1-Settings.xml
4. Create a new, empty windows bundle. Do not create a sandbox, or make sure that the bundle is published before executing.
5. Import the previous exported settings to the new bundle named "Bundle-2":
zman bss D:\Bundle-1-Settings.xml /Bundles/Bundle-2
6. Verify changes to Bundle-2:
- Bundle has now a sandbox version as expected
- ZENworks Explorer Folder Path was changed in the sandbox version as expected
- System Variables were not changed in the sandbox version
- Change the Displayed Version from Sandbox to (0) Published
- System Variable Settings were written to the Published version rather than to the sandbox version
Bundle Settings will be imported to the published version
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012916
- Creation Date:22-JUL-13
- Modified Date:25-JUL-13
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback