Filr HTTP Status 500 Error (phpMyAdmin rights of filr user)
This document (7012952) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
HTTP Status 500 - Filter execution threw an exception
Please follow the steps provided below to configure this user for proper global database privileges.
- From a web-browser, open the Novell MySQL Database Appliance https://ip_address:9443
- Select phpMyAdmin and log in with root credentials (default: root, root)
- Select Users from the top navigation bar
- Select Edit Privileges for the Filr or alternative user
- From the top Global privileges, select Check All
- From the Change Login Information / Copy User section near the bottom, in the Host field, select Use text field in the drop-down list, then specify the IP address or host name of the Filr application server. Alternatively, select Any Host from the drop-down list, which enters the % value.
- At the end of the section, select Go.
Troubleshooting Steps: Verify the Appliance can connect to the MySQL database as the specified user.
- From a terminal on the Novell Filr Appliance server, enter the following command:
mysql -h <host name or ipAddress of MySQL Appliance server> -u<username> -p
- Replace <host name or ipAddress of MySQL Appliance server>
- Replace <username> with the username provided to the Appliance (see how to determine this from the introduction paragraph of this TID)
- For example: mysql -h 22.214.171.124 -uFilr -p
- Once the command has been entered, it will prompt for the password of the database user provided with the -u switch. Provide the password and press Enter.
- The following demonstrates a successful connection:
mysql -h 126.96.36.199 -ufilr -p
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 640
Server version: 5.0.96-log SUSE MySQL RPM
Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012952
- Creation Date:26-JUL-13
- Modified Date:26-JUL-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback