Unable to start Novell Messenger Agent (LDAP down)
This document (7012968) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Unable to start Novell Messenger with rcnovell-nmma start
NMMA is unavailable, not running, inactive
Starting Novell Messenger Services manually provides the following error message:
NMMA: Agent configuration failure [0xAD2D]
NMMA: Cause: LDAP server is not available
NMMA: Cleaning up...
LDAP is not listening on the defined ports (default: 389 or 636)
- Remove the LDAP objects from the TREE
- To recreate the LDAP objects for this server, enter the following in a terminal window on the LDAP server:
- Go to the Properties of the LDAP group object that has been created in the TREE
- Select the General tab | uncheck Require TLS for simple binds with password
- Select Apply and then Close.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012968
- Creation Date:31-JUL-13
- Modified Date:31-JUL-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback