Allow unsuccessful login attempts to fail "silently" when in Passive Mode
This document (7013013) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
When Novell Client is configured with the "Login with non-Novell Credential Provider = On", it should optionally "silently fail" if the eDirectory login attempt with the Windows user credentials does not succeed, instead of allowing the error to be displayed to the user and allowing the user to retry logging in to eDirectory.
This feature was available in the Novell Client for Windows XP/2003's, as the "PassiveModeNDSLoginSilent" configuration.
To enable this option, add a value "PassiveModeNDSLoginSilent" of type DWORD (32-bit) under HKLM\\Software\\Novell\\Network Provider\\Initial Login and set the value to "1". To disable the feature, set the value to "0".
- Ensure that the user's Windows logon username is same as their eDirectory username
- Ensure that the user's Windows password is same as their eDirectory password
- Populate the default system profile with valid entries for Tree, Context and Server.
- Enable "Login with Non-Novell credential provider = On" (Novell Client properties > Advanced Login tab)
- Set the HKLM\\Software\\Novell\\Network Provider\\Initial Login\PassiveModeNDSLoginSilent to 1 in the registry.
- Log off
- Enter the user's Windows credentials
- If the eDirectory login attempt succeeds, connections are available after logging into the system.
- If the eDirectory login attempt doesn't succeed, it fails silently, without displaying the Novell login window again and without throwing any error message, and loads the Windows desktop.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7013013
- Creation Date:08-AUG-13
- Modified Date:08-AUG-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback