Errors installing iPrint printer: Winsock 10060, iPrint 1801
This document (7013088) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Then, iPrint error 1801 (The printer name is invalid) is displayed:
1. /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/ipsmd.conf and look for the PSMHostAddress value.
2. Open a CMD prompt and ping the name or address for the PSM you found in step 1.
ping <name or address>
If unable to ping, the name or address is not reachable.
3. In the CMD prompt, telnet over port 631 to the name or address for the PSM you found in step 1.
telnet <name or address> 631
If unable to telnet, the server is not listening on port 631, which is the port where iPrint is listening.
Once you are able to ping and telnet to the PSM, the problem should be resolved.
1. DHCP is handing out the wrong DNS server address.
2. DNS is not properly configured, or is not working.
3. The workstation has the wrong DNS server configured (check ipconfig /a).
4. An intermediate device such as a switch or router could be mis-configured (wrong helper address, etc).
5. Server could not be listening on port 631.
6. General communications problems.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7013088
- Creation Date:22-AUG-13
- Modified Date:22-AUG-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback