How to set up WebAccess URL redirection with IIS
This document (7013124) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 2012
Novell GroupWise 8
Navigate to www.mydomain.com and be forwarded to www.mydomain.com/gw/webacc
- Edit C:\inetpub\wwwroot\iisstart.htm
- Replace with the following:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=https://serverAddress/gw/webacc" />
<title>Redirecting to Secure GroupWise Webaccess</title>
This page is used to redirect to the Secure GroupWise Webaccess server. If
your browser does not automatically redirect you in a few seconds, click <a
href="https://serverAddress/gw/webacc">here</a> to go to the
- Replace both instances of https://serverAddress/gw/webacc with the URL WebAccess.
Note: If SSL has not yet been configured with IIS, then use http:// instead of https:// - To secure IIS with SSL, see the Additional Information section below.
- Save and Close the file.
If the above does not work, IIS redirection may not be installed
- Launch the Server Manager and select Manage | Add Roles and Features and click next until getting to Server Roles
- Find and select Web Server (IIS) and click next until getting to the IIS customization
- If the HTTP Redirection is not selected, then check it and finish the install
Redirection should now function properly
Alternatively, there are steps provided in Microsoft Windows Server documentation to configure redirection with IIS:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7013124
- Creation Date:27-AUG-13
- Modified Date:17-JUL-14
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback