"Check the printer for errors" when printing from a mobile device.
This document (7013185) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
"Check the printer for errors."
The print job successfully comes out of the printer.
The message does not inform the end user that the print job failed to submit or failed to print. The message is informing the end user that the network printer is in a non-critical error state, such as: low toner, secondary paper tray empty, low paper, etc. The end user can expect the print job succeed when being presented the message.
Workaround 2: Disable iPrint's ability to know the network printers sub-status.
Each printer agent has the ability to be configured to not know the network printer's sub-status. This is accomplished on a per printer agent basis by following these steps:
- Go to PsmStatus page for the iPrint Appliance
- Authenticate with admin or cn=admin,o=iPrintAppliance (not admin.iPrintAppliance)
- Click the link for a Printer Agent in the list
- Click the Configuration Options link
- Add a space and the following string to the end of the Gateway Autoload Command:
- Example: iprintgw PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=[x.x.x.x] PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH NOSNMP
- Click Apply
- Shutdown the Printer Agent
- Startup the Printer Agent
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7013185
- Creation Date:29-AUG-13
- Modified Date:29-AUG-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback