Cannot access internet when network address attribute is missing
This document (7013371) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows
Rebooting the workstation resolves the problem.
1. The eDirectory user's "Network Address" attribute is potentially not updated in a timely manner after workstation resume or reconnect. This problem was fixed in Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows (IR5)
2. The eDirectory user's "Network Address" attribute does not include the port number for the connection. To resolve this problem, configure eDirectory such that the port number is included as part of the network address attribute maintained for the user object.
A value of 1 means port numbers are masked, and not included in the network address
2. Click the search (magnifying glass) button
3. Enter the name of the user in the "Relative Distinguished Name" field and click the "Search" button
4. Select the user
5. When the detailed entry for the user appears, scroll down to view the Network Address attribute. The "Address" field will show the network address and port number, such as: 22.214.171.124:0 or 10.10.1.198:49282. If the port number is 0, then the port number is being masked, and is not part of the network address attribute.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7013371
- Creation Date:25-SEP-13
- Modified Date:10-APR-14
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback