Cannot add new servers to the zone after upgrading to ZCM 11.2.4 or ZCM 11.3.1
This document (7014023) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Error: "This version of ZENworks is not compatible with the version (11.2.4) found in the zone"
Determine the "first" primary in the zone. If uncertain, the following SQL can be used to return the name of the server
SELECT zZENObject.Name FROM zZENObject,zZENServerRoles WHERE zZENObject.ZUID = zZENServerRoles.id AND zZENServerRoles.Roles = 'MasterPrimary'
If this does not return a server, contact Novell Technical Support for help in setting this role correctly.
On the "first" primary server, take a backup copy of ZenServerVersion.xml
- edit the file (ZenServerVersion.xml)
- search for
- In the next line, replace 11.2.4 with 11.2.0 (or 11.3.1 with 11.3.0)
- repeat this two more times (there are three places in total to be updated)
- save the file
- search for
- retry the install of the new server in the zone
- When the install is complete, replace ZenServerVersion.xml with the saved copy from step 2
StatusReported to Engineering
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014023
- Creation Date:30-OCT-13
- Modified Date:02-DEC-14
- NovellZENworks Asset ManagementZENworks Configuration ManagementZENworks Endpoint Security ManagementZENworks Full Disk EncryptionZENworks Patch Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback