Setting Universal Password through iManager is throwing "NMAS LDAP Transport Error "
This document (7014457) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- If non-standard LDAP ports are being used on the server.
- The option 'Use Secure LDAP for auto-connection' under Configure iManager > Authentication has been unchecked.
By default this is checked. The screen also warns some plugins may not work if this is unchecked.
- Use of a certificate signed by an external CA that is not trusted by the iManager/tomcat.
Therefore, when iManager/tomcat goes to make a secure connection, it cannot. To remedy, the CA needs to be imported into cacerts with the keytool utility. For further information, look for tomcat documentation on "keytool -import -trustcacerts ...."
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014457
- Creation Date:27-JAN-14
- Modified Date:10-OCT-15
- NovellOpen Enterprise Server
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback