Possible reasons for suse_register to return improper code
This document (7014777) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service
SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware
Execute command result: HTTP Status 400 - An improper code was supplied.
- There was a typing error in the key. Please verify if the activation code has been entered properly.
- The key is not active yet. Please check with a support representative.
- The installed baseproduct gets registered using the wrong code. Each key is assigned to a special baseproduct, activating a SLES with e.g. a key for SLES for VMware or vice versa is not possible. To check which products are installed please run
or list the appropriate files in /etc/products.d/ and check if the correct key for the product has been used during the registration.
- An activation code is missing. This situation is possible if SLES acts as basesystem and add-on products like High Availability Extension or Open Enterprise Server are installed which require an additional activation code. In this case the suse_register command needs to get expanded using an additional "-a regcode-productname <regcode>" statement, e.g.
suse_register -a email=emailaddress -a regcode-sles=regcode -a regcode-oes=oesregcode
suse_register -a email=emailaddress -a regcode-sles=regcode -a regcode-hae=haeregcode
The appropriate option names for -a regcode-* can be found out by running suse_register -p which will start a connection with secure-www.novell.com and list the possible options.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014777
- Creation Date:21-MAR-14
- Modified Date:24-APR-14
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise DesktopSUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability ExtensionSUSE Linux Enterprise Point of ServiceSUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time ExtensionSUSE Linux Enterprise ServerSUSE ManagerSUSE Studio
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback