Update a Linux DNS server with iPrint information to print from AirPrint capable devices
This document (7014948) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This TID lists the steps to import iPrint printers to a SLES DNS server (see TID 7012895 for MS DNS and OES DNS) to be made known to iOS devices.
- Copy the iPrint Appliance padbtxt.xml file from the iPrint Appliance to the SLES DNS server's /tmp directory.
- Paste the following command to a terminal session at the SLES DNS server
- scp <iPrintAppliance IP or DNS>:/var/opt/novell/iprint/print_manager.iPrintAppliance.psm/padbtxt.xml /tmp
- scp myiprint.companyname.com:/var/opt/novell/iprint/print_manager.iPrintAppliance.psm/padbtxt.xml /tmp
- yast2 dns-server
- Highlight "TSIG Keys"
- Populate the "Key ID" and "Filename" fields.
- The name and filename can any of your chosing.
- Click the "Generate" button
- Highlight "DNS Zones"
- Highlight the zone which the mobile devices will use and click the Edit button.
- Check the box for "Allow Dynamic Updates"
- Ensure the key file created earlier is selected in the drop down list.
- Click OK
- rcnamed restart
- The default key location is /etc/named.d/
- note: replace the text within each <> to the information applicable to your environment.
- nsupdate -k /etc/named.d/<keyname>.+<somenumbers>.key
- server <IP of the SLES DNS server>
- zone <zone>.com
- update add iprinttest.<zone>.com 86400 A 220.127.116.11
- If this successfully updates, proceed to the next step.
- wget -P /tmp ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/PaDNSConverter-0.6.sh;chmod 775 /tmp/PaDNSConverter-0.6.sh
- cd /tmp
- ./PaDNSConverter-0.6.sh -z <zone>.com -s <IP of the SLES DNS server> -k /<path and name of the TSIG key>
- ./PaDNSConverter-0.6.sh -z myorganization.com -s 18.104.22.168 -k /etc/named.d/KmyKeyName.+157+16347.key
- rcnamed restart
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014948
- Creation Date:22-APR-14
- Modified Date:25-APR-14
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback