Domain Migration Administrator is unable to successfully perform local user profile security translation on German OS machines. (NETIQKB72745)
This document (7772745) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Domain Migration Administrator is unable to successfully perform local user profile security translation on German OS machines.
This hotfix resolves an issue where Domain Migration Administrator was unable to translate security for computers running the German version of the Windows operating system. Since local profiles are not stored in the same folder on English and German versions of Windows, DMA could not find the local profile and generated an error indicating that the roaming profile could not be migrated. Contact Netiq Techincal Support if you need this hotfix
Installing This Hotfix
Complete the following steps to install this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
- Log on to the DMA console computer with the DMA user account.
- Close any open instances of DMA before you install the hotfix.
- Run the DMA80000_Hotfix72745.exe file.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard until you have finished installing the hotfix.
Uninstalling This Hotfix
Complete the following steps to uninstall this hotfix.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- Log on to the DMA console computer using the DMA user account.
- Close any open instances of DMA.
- Move the old McsDctWorkerObjects.dll file from the Backup folder under the DMA installation path (by default, C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Backup) back to the DMA installation folder (by default C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA), replacing the newer McsDctWorkerObjects.dll file.
- To enable reinstallation of the hotfix if necessary at a later time, complete the following steps:
Note: Be careful when editing your Windows Registry. If there is an error in your Registry, your computer may become nonfunctional. If an error occurs, you can restore the Registry to its state when you last successfully started your computer. For more information, see the Help for the Windows Registry Editor.
- Click Start> Run.
- In the Open field, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NetIQ\DMA.
- In the right pane, right-click Hotfix and select Modify.
- In the Edit String window, remove 72745 from the Value data field, and then click OK.
- Click Yes.
The local profiles are not stored in the same folder on English and German versions of Windows, DMA can not find the local profile and generated an error indicating that the roaming profile could not be migrated.
This hotfix replaces theMcsDctWorkerObjects.dll file in the DMA installation folder, by default C:\Program Files\netiq\DMA. The hotfix moves the old McsDctWorkerObjects.dll file to the Backup folder under the DMA installation path, by default C:\Program Files\netiq\DMA\Backup.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7772745
- Creation Date:05-JAN-11
- Modified Date:21-JAN-11
- NetIQDomain Migration Administrator
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback