NetIQ Aegis Hotfix 73419 for Configuration Consoles installed with ClickOnce. (NETIQKB73419)
This document (7773419) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ Aegis 2.3
Why Install This Hotfix?
Resolves an Issue where ClickOnce Does Not Install All Activity Components
This hotfix resolves an issue where ClickOnce does not install all workflow activity components. Before you apply this hotfix, if you use ClickOnce to install the Configuration Console on a local computer, the ClickOnce installation process does not install all workflow activity components. After you apply this hotfix, the ClickOnce installation process will correctly install all workflow activity components.
Resolves an Issue where ClickOnce Does Not Work with SSL
This hotfix resolves an issue where ClickOnce does not work with secure communications (SSL). Before you apply this hotfix, ClickOnce does not work in Aegis environments where SSL is enabled. After you apply this hotfix, ClickOnce will work in Aegis environments where SSL is enabled. During the hotfix installation process, specify the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the Web Server computer.
Installing This Hotfix
Complete the following steps to install this hotfix.
If your Web Server computer is part of a cluster, you must install this hotfix on each passive node first, and then on the active node.
To install this hotfix:
- On any computer where you used ClickOnce to install the Configuration Console, complete the following steps:
- Close any open instances of the Configuration Console.
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Uninstall NetIQ Aegis Configuration Console.
- Log on to the Web Server computer with a local administrator account.
- Run the Aegis23_Hotfix73419.exe file.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard until you have finished installing the hotfix.
- If your Web Server computer is part of a cluster, repeat Steps 2 through 3 on the remaining nodes in the cluster.
The hotfix installation program automatically restarts the following Aegis services:
- NetIQ Aegis Business Services
Verifying the Hotfix Installation
Complete the following steps to verify that the hotfix installation was successful.
To check the installed hotfix version:
- Log on to the Aegis Configuration Console.
- On the Ribbon, click About.
- Under Installed Hotfixes, ensure you see Hotfix 73419.
This hotfix backs up and modifies all files in the C:\Program Files\NetIQ\Aegis\Website\ConfigurationUI\2.3.x.x_bak folder on the Web Server computer:
This hotfix adds the following files to the C:\Program Files\NetIQ\Aegis\Website\Hotfixes folder on the Web Server computer:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7773419
- Creation Date:22-MAR-12
- Modified Date:18-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback