Discovery fails with The request failed with HTTP status 407 message
This document (7920339) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This error is occurring if a local HTTP proxy requires domain credentials authentication while the PlateSpin OFX service uses a local admin user (default).
If a local proxy with authentication is used in your environment you will need to make two changes to the PlateSpin Server.
Solution 1: Modify the account that the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller Service uses
- Open Windows Service Console and locate the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller Service
- Stop the service
- Right click the service and select Properties and click on the Log On tab
- Change the current username (_Platespin) to a Domain user with administrative rights and its password
- Click Okay and run the service
- Try the discovery again
Solution 2: Modify the system wide .NET 2.0 Configuration to include proxy information
- Open My Computer and navigate to <WINDOWS>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG
- Locate the machine.config file and open it with notepad
- Add the below Lines to the end of the configuration file.
- Restart IIS on the PowerConvert Server
usesystemdefault = "false"
This will resolve the 407: Proxy Authentication Required error message as this changes the system wide .NET 2.0 Configuration to not use the systems default proxy. This can be an issue if a proxy server requires authentication and the PowerConvert Server is not able to authenticate to the server.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7920339
- Creation Date:10-AUG-05
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NetIQPlateSpin ForgePlateSpin MigratePlateSpin Protect
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback