Novell provides a full spectrum of certification opportunities.
Novell offers industry-leading certifications and tests that are globally recognized. Employers are increasingly requiring tangible proof that you have the knowledge it takes to perform your job. Achieving a Novell certification is simple and provides that extra edge for those already succeeding in the IT industry.
- SUSE Certified Linux Administrator
- The SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) training covers day-to-day administration tasks in SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server environments.+
- SUSE Certified Linux Professional
- The SUSE Certified Linux Professional (CLP) proves the skills needed to successfully administrate SUSE Linux Enterprise Server in the Data Center.+
- SUSE Certified Linux Engineer
- The SUSE Certified Linux Engineer (CLE) proves engineer-level skills for managers or architects of enterprise networks based on SUSE; Linux Enterprise Server 11.
In order to become a SUSE Certified Linux Engineer 11 you must be certified as a SUSE Certified Linux Professional 11. +
- Certified NetIQ Identity Manager Administrator
- The Certified Novell Identity Manager Administrator (CNIMA) tests your knowledge and skills in administering Novell's next-generation identity management product, Novell Identity Manager 4: Advanced Edition +
- Certified Novell ZENworks Administrator
- The Certified Novell ZENworks Administrator certification validates skills necessary to perform basic Novell ZENworks® 10 Configuration Management administrative tasks such as install configure and deploy. It also validates skills to perform advanced administrative tasks associated with Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management, Asset Inventory Services, and Patch Management Services. +
- Novell Certified Administrator
- The Novell Certified Administrator (NCA) certification is designed for network administrators and other network management professionals who have little or no experience with Novell products and services. It provides a high-level view of the Novell products and services. The NCA is the first step for candidates moving on to our new engineer-level skills certification, Novell Certified Engineer Enterprise Services (NCE-ES). +
- Novell Certified Engineer
- The Novell Certified Engineer (NCE) certification will validate the candidate has acquired and can demonstrate engineer-level skills in a specific area of Novell product expertise. Enterprise Services will be the first NCE released and is designed to assist the CNE Community migrate their skills and knowledge to Linux in an Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 deployment. +
- Certified Novell Administrator
- Certified Novell Administrators (CNAs) provide day-to-day administration of installed Novell networking products. Offered in two tracks:
+Novell Open Enterprise Server
- Certified Novell Engineer
- The Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) has been recognized as the IT industry's leading certification for advanced networking and troubleshooting. Candidates solve advanced company-wide support problems and high-level network problems. They perform planning, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and upgrade services for networks. Offered in two tracks:
+Novell Open Enterprise Server
- Certified Novell Instructor
- The Certified Novell Instructor (CNI) is the world's most renowned technical instructor certification. A CNI can choose their area of expertise—Linux, NetWare® or both. This certification allows the CNI to teach certified training courses at authorized Novell Training Partner locations. +
- Novell Academic Instructor
- The Novell Academic Instructor (NAI) teaches certified courses at authorized Novell Academic Training Partner or Novell Technical Institute locations. +
How Do I Begin?
Select a Certification above and select the Learning Path. The Learning Path lists all courses and tests related to a certification with links to find a class or register for a test.
Are Classes Required to Get Certified?
No. Passing the required test(s) will award you a Novell Certification. No class is ever required.
Is There Anything That Is Required?
Yes. All certification candidates must agree—and must show that you agree—to the terms and conditions of the Novell Training Services Certification Agreement. Each time you take a certification exam at an authorized testing center you have the opportunity to assent to the agreement using an electronic Signature Form or you may use the link below:
What Test Do I Take?
Practicum Tests are for the Linux Certifications.
Standard Tests are for the CNA or CNE Certifications.
Novell Is Going Green
Novell is "going green" by adopting new business models and transforming old ones. Starting January 15, 2009 all Novell customers will start receiving their certification certificates via email in an electronic format. We want to do our part to help create a safe and friendly energy efficient environment.