Novell Cluster Services 1.7 (Advanced Technical Training)
Does your network need storage—lots of it—and do you need tools to access critical storage resources, provide failover capabilities to server clusters and scale up servers and processors individually to meet your expanding storage area network (SAN) needs?
Through the Advanced Technical Training (ATT) Novell Cluster Services 1.7 course, you will learn how to seamlessly integrate Novell Cluster Services with Novell Remote Manager and Novell iManager. Using these combined technologies, you can remotely manage your SAN and cluster resources from a Java-enabled Web browser—or manage your SAN resources from any point within your network.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 3 Days
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot Novell Cluster Services in your existing network
- Provide highly available file services for users
- Configure applications to run in a fault-tolerant environment
- Keep critical business applications running non-stop
- Consolidate servers into clusters and improve the reliability of your network
This course is ideal for NetWare® 6 Certified Novell Engineers (CNE®) or network administrators who want to use Novell Cluster Services to manage SAN resources and provide high-availability access on their networks.
Before taking this course, you should have NetWare 6 CNE certification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding cluster and SAN concepts
- Understanding the Novell® iSCSI implementation
- Using iSCSI applications and reviewing deployment scenarios
- Installing Novell Cluster Services 1.7
- Reviewing the Novell Cluster Services architecture
- Configuring and maintaining Novell Storage Services™
- Managing and maintaining Novell Cluster Services
- Using Novell iManager
- Understanding node and resource states
- Performing SNMP and SMTP monitoring
- Using console commands and scripting
- Troubleshooting Novell Cluster Services
- Applying a service pack
- Implementing Business Continuity Clustering
- Performing clustering with a variety of technologies, including DNS/DHCP, SLP, FTP, Apache, Novell iFolder®, NDPS, GroupWise® and ZENworks®