SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10: Security [Course 3075]
What skills do I need to have in order to be able to perform tasks that will ensure that a machine running services on SUSE Linux Enterpise Server 10 is secure?
This course focuses on various security-related aspects of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 from a system administrator’s perspective. Topics covered include, cryptography, aspects for consideration when developing a security policy, as well as the configuration of Novell AppArmor, packet filters, application level gateways, and VPNs using IPSec.
Students will gain hands-on experience on how to administer SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 on a broad range of topics from host security and network security to Novell AppArmor, packet filters, and VPNs.
ON-DEMAND: This course is available as part of the Full Library or the SUSE Solution Library. Click the "Buy On-demand" button for details on purchasing these libraries.
Training Level: 3 - Advanced
Duration: 5 Days
Skills taught in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10: Security (Course 3075) enable you to:
- Install and administer a computer running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 securely
- Configure Novell AppArmor
- Create a Certificate Authority and certificates
- Set up a packet filter, an application level gateway, and a VPN gateway
This course is designed for experienced Linux system administrators who are familiar with networking services running on Linux, and who want to improve their skills in planning, designing and managing a secure SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 environment. It is also ideal for those students seeking the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 certification. If you are seeking the Novell Certified Linux Engineer qualification, you are required to complete the Novell Certified Linux Professional 10 certification first.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding General Considerations and Definition of Terms
- Applying Host Security
- Using Novell AppArmor
- Understanding and Using Cryptography: Basics and Practical Application
- Applying Network Security
- Implementing General Firewall Design
- Understanding and Using Packet Filters
- Configuring Application-Level Gateways
- Setting up secure Virtual Private Networks
- Utilizing Intrusion Detection and Incident Response
Course Testing Information
For Novell CLE 10 exam objectives and registration, see Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10; for Novell CLP 10 and Novell CLE 10 Combined exam objectives and registration, see Novell CLP 10 and Novell CLE 10 Combined.
If you are a current Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9, you can upgrade to the Novell CLE 10 certification by taking Upgrading to Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare (Course 3076; Exam 050-699).
NOTE: You are required to complete the Novell Certified Linux Professional 10 certification before certifying as a Novell CLE 10 (see Novell Certified Linux Professional).
You might also be interested in: