Upgrading to Certified Linux Engineer 10 [Course 3076]
I am currently a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9. How can I upgrade my skills in order to become a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10?
This course is designed to cover information on the differences between SUSE Linux Enterprise Server version 9 and version 10. Students will learn all about the new features and changes made in version 10 compared to their existing knowledge as a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9.
The course is available either as an 8 hour learning module which is available through the internet or as a 2-day instructor-led course. In order to gain sufficient experience to take the new Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 Practicum exam, Novell suggests students attend Upgrade Workshops which are available through our Authorized Training Partners throughout the globe. These workshops are based on the content available via the web but they are enriched with hands-on, live-fire exercies which are practiced in a classroom environment. The Practicum exam is taken within the 2-day workshop.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF (LARGE FILE):
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 2 Days
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- install, configure and maintain a virtual machine environment based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 using XEN technology and AppArmor Application Security
- learn about the changes made in version 10 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server relevant to your certification and be prepared to take the new Practicum for the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10
This course is for students that want to update their Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9 certification to the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 certification. This course is the ideal preparation for the Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 Practicum.
Students should be certified as a Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding the GNOME environment
- Installing and configuring XEN
- Installing and configuring AppArmor Application Security
- Understaning changes compared to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
Course Testing Information
If you are a current Novell Certified Linux Engineer (CLE) 9, you can upgrade to the Novell CLE 10 certification by taking the this course and the Novell CLP 10 and Novell CLE 10 Combined exam (050-699).
For the combined exam objectives and registration, see Novell CLP 10 and Novell CLE 10 Combined.
You might also be interested in: