Foundations of Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare [Course 3080]
Need to understand networking with Novell Open Enterprise Server?
This course is designed to enable entry-level networking professionals to perform common administrative tasks using Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare. In this class, you will install Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare and perform tasks often required for those providing “front line” support for a Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare installation and/or serving as an entry-level administrator of a small to medium-sized network. If you want to learn about the high-availability solutions provided by Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare that make it a stable and powerful kernel/OS for deployment in an enterprise environment, this course is for you.
Training Level: 1 - Novice
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Install Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare and the Novell Client
- Set up and manage user objects in Novell eDirectory
- Manage storage and file services
- Implement file and eDirectory rights
- Manage print services
- Manage and remotely manage a Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
This course is ideal for anyone who:
- Has little to no network administration experience with Novell products (such as NetWare or Novell Open Enterprise Server)
- Those seeking the Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) or Novell Certified Engineer (CNE) certification
Attendees should be familiar with network hardware and have a conceptual knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, topologies, and various protocols.
Students should have an understanding of the information in the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+ (Novell Course 3003 v.2 or equivalent)
Or have the equivalent networking experience (i.e. Linux or Windows networking).
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Introduction to Novell Open Enterprise Server
- Managing User Objects
- Describing Novell eDirectory
- Identifying Server Management components
- Installing and managing the Novell Client
- Evaluating and implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server file services (NetWare)
- Implementing directory and file rights
- Designing a network file system
- Managing eDirectory rights
- Managing network printing
- Securing your server and network
- Installing Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
Course Testing Information
This course prepares you to take the Foundations of Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare exam (050-696) for the Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) certification.
For exam objectives and registration, see Foundations of Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare.
For CNA certification information, see Certified Novell Administrator.
NOTE: The CNA certification is a pre-requisite for the Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) certification (see Certified Novell Engineer).
You might also be interested in: