Upgrading to Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare [Course 3083]
Looking to upgrade your NetWare servers?
Novell NetWare is tried, true, and reliable. If you've been using Novell NetWare for years or have experience with NetWare, you might be wondering how to migrate your servers over to Novell Open Enterprise Server. With this course-- you will learn all about Novell Open Enterprise Server and the valuable services it offers. This way-- you can get the best of both worlds-- the NetWare operating system you've come to trust and the valuable services running on Novell Open Enterprise Server.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Upgrade or migrate an existing server to Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
- Install a new Novell Open Enterprise Server (NetWare)
- Manage Novell Modular Authentication Services (NMAS)
- Use Novell Open Enterprise Server directory and server management tools
- Implement and manage Novell Storage Services (NSS).
- Implement pool snapshots
- Implement Archive and Versioning Services
- Implement the Common Internet File System (CIFS) on Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
- Implement Distributed File Services (DFS) onNovell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
- Implement iSCSI
- Manage Apache and Tomcat on Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
Network Administrators and Help Desk personnel who already have experience with prior versions of Novell NetWare and want to implement the new services and technologies in Novell Open Enterprise Server or upgrade their existing NetWare servers.
Students should meet the following prerequisites:
- Knowledge or experience with Novell NetWare 5.1, 6.0, or 6.5
- Knowledge or experience integrating NetWare and Novell eDirectory with other operating systems (optional)
- Familiarity with network hardware and topologies
- Familiarity with the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Familiarity with the TCP/IP networking protocol
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Upgrading or Migrating to Novell Open Enterprise Server on NetWare
- Installing Novell Open Enterprise Server (NetWare)
- Novell eDirectory Tree Design Guidelines
- Mananging Novell Modular Authentication Services
- Managing a Novell Open Enterprise Server (NetWare)
- Managing Novell Storage Services
- Implementing Pool Snapshots and Versioning
- Implementing the Common Internet File System on Novell Open Enterprise Server (NetWare)
- Implementing Distributed File Services
- Implementing iSCSI
- Managing Apache and Tomcat
Course Testing Information
This course prepares you to take the Upgrading to Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Certification Exam (050-701).
For exam objectives and registration, see Upgrading to Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare.
You might also be interested in: