Optimizing and Troubleshooting SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9053]
Are your SUSE Linux Enterprise servers operating at peak efficiency?
Your business depends on your IT infrastructure. An inefficient or downed server in your environment can cause a multitude of problems--- costing you money. In this course, you will learn how to fine tune and optimize the performance of your SUSE Linux Enterprise servers. See what tools you can use to determine bottlenecks in your network and servers-- and various methods to correct them. You will also learn about troubleshooting tools and techniques so your servers and network can stay functioning. If you have SUSE Linux Enterprise servers in your environment, this is a course you will definitely want to attend.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- monitor the performance of CPUs and memory
- fine tune the kernel, usage of memory, disk I/O, network, and file systems
- adjust performance depending on the primary function of the server
- troubleshoot your SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and network
System administrators, engineers, and architects looking to fine tune the performance of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and troubleshoot problems that may arise during day-to-day operations.
You should have a Novell Certified Linux Professional (CLP) skill level (or equivalent) and experience administering SUSE Linux Enterprise Server before attending this Advanced Technical Training class.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Understanding performance analysis
- Utilizing performance and trace tools to monitor your system
- Fine tuning the kernel, CPU, virtual memory, I/O subsystem, file system, network and more
- Adjusting server parameters to optimize for primary functions
- Troubleshooting system boots, start ups, and shut downs
- Troubleshooting using various tools for Linux
You might also be interested in: