Shell Scripting with Bash (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9203]
What could shell scripting be doing for you?
Knowing about shell scripting is a must for any advanced Linux administrator or engineer. In this online course, you will take your first steps towards unleashing the power of shell scripting with BASH through lectures and hands-on labs. Once you have been introduced to shell scripting, you will begin to see the possibilities it can unlock in your own enterprise.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 6 Hours
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- establish and understand scripting environments
- identify and set elemental scripting components
- manipulate the execution of scripts
This course is for advanced users of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
You should be familiar with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 administration and general Linux concepts before attending this class. Knowledge equivalent to a Novell Certified Linux Professional (Novell CLP) is expected.
This course covers a variety of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Creating and populating variables using multiple methods including command substitution and meta-character expansion
- Manipulatingthe scripting logic by understanding the command structure
- Employing arithmetic operators for computation
- Allowing users to interact with scripts
- Understanding basic functions and arrays for additional script design and control
You might also be interested in: