Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Administration [Course 3098]
Looking to manage your software and desktops?
Novell ZENworks Configuration Management features a unique policy-based approach to automate software setup, updates, healing and desktop migration in your enterprise. Through policy-based automation, you can reduce IT efforts, relax IT skill requirements and optimize the value of your IT assets. The key to using Novell ZENworks Configuration Management is understanding what policy-based administration is and how to make it work to your advantage. Taking Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Administration (Course 3098) provides you with knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, and perform basic administrative tasks with the product.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will accomplish the following tasks:
- Perform a standard installation
- Perform an unattended installation
- Register workstations
- Manage simple software distribution & bundling
- Configure policy management
- Image computers with Novell ZENworks Configuration Management
- Configure data and inventory collection
This course targets:
- Novell software system administrators, integrators, and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller/partner technical support staff
- New Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management customers
Established Novell software administrators with no ZENworks 10 experience can take this course if they are already familiar with using eDirectory (and related tools such as iManager) and have some experience administering products such as ZENworks Desktop Management.
New Novell customers tasked with evaluating or administering Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management can also attend but should have a basic familiarity with Novell eDirectory, Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows Server 2003.
You should have a basic understanding of the network and networking (as introduced in the CompTIA Network+ certification). In addition, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of administering Novell eDirectory.
This course covers a wide variety of topics, many of which are listed below
- Installing Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Registering Workstations
- Managing Discovery Deployment
- Configuring Remote Management
- Configuring Software Packaging
- Understanding Software Bundling
- Managing Software Distribution
- Configuring Management Policies
- Imaging Computers with Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Managing Data and Inventory Collection
- Using Reporting in Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
Course Testing Information
This course along with the skills taught in Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Advanced Administration (Course 8004) prepares you to take the Certified Novell ZENworks Administrator Certification Exam (050-725).
You might also be interested in:
- Configuring and Deploying Patch Management with Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8517
- Fundamentals of Imaging in Novell ZENworks Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8610
- Introduction to Endpoint Security Management in ZENworks 11 Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8514