Administering Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux [Course 3088]
Are you ready to install Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 platform?
This course teaches networking professionals to perform common administrative tasks using the services provided in Novell® Open Enterprise Server 2. You will install Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 and perform tasks often required of employees who provide support for medium-sized to large networks. This course introduces you to the file, printing, and network administration solutions that make Novell a world leader in enterprise infrastructure software.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Install Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 platform
- Manage the Novell Client
- Perform maintenance tasks in Novell eDirectory™
- Manage file system and Novell eDirectory rights
- Install and configure Novell iPrint
- Configure networking services
This course is for network administrators new to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux needing to know how to properly understand, install, and support the product and the basic services included with the product.
You should take Novell Networking & Services (Course 2000) or have the equivalent network-related experience before attending this course.
This course provides a high-level view of the services offered by Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 with particular focus given to the following topics:
- Installing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 2 platform
- Understanding and describing Novell eDirectory™
- Performing basic eDirectory administration
- Managing eDirectory objects
- Installing and managing the Novell Client
- Understanding and managing NCP volumes
- Managing file system rights
- Managing eDirectory rights
- Managing iPrint in Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
- Configuring basic networking services with Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
Course Testing Information
This course along with the skills taught in Novell Networking and Services for Linux (Course 2000) prepares you to take the Novell Certified Administrator - Enterprise Services (NCA - ES) Traditional Exam (050-719).
For exam objectives and registration, see Objectives - Novell Certified Administrator.
You might also be interested in: