NetIQ Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9002]
Are your systems smart enough to meet the needs of your users according to their job role?
Novell Identity Manager makes it easier than ever for users to interface with critical corporate systems based on their identity in the organization. Learn to leverage the secure features of Novell Identity Manager to manage identities to the ability to better manage and utilize that information for control of access to resources. Employee access to network resources can be based either on distinct approval processes or through the use of corporate roles and include Separation of Duties.
The add-on Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module delivers advanced workflow capabilities to help customers streamline user administration. As users become more involved in managing and requesting resources, self-service capabilities are becoming increasingly important both for employee productivity and in order to reduce demands on IT staff. The new Roles Based Provisioning Module makes it easier for users to request resources, delegate approvals and administration, and use proxies to manage their own access needs and incorporate Separation of Duties through roles management. Roles can be assigned to a specific user, container, membership group, or a related role hierarchy.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Configure an Novell Identity Manager Identity Vault with the new Roles Based Provisioning Module on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Use the latest Designer for Identity Manager. Designer for Identity Manager is a client-base tool for designing, deploying, debugging, and documenting your Identity Manager solution. It gives you full view of Identity Manager in your enterprise and lets you drill down to any level of detail
- Utilize the features of the User Application
- Create custom workflows
- Define roles
- Define Separation of Duties constraints
This Advanced Technical Training course is for users who have in-depth experience with Novell Identity Manager 3 and above. You must have Novell Identity Manager meta-directory skills such as configuring drivers, filters, policies, etc. before attending the Roles Based Provisioning Module class. You can learn the necessary skills for this class by attending Novell Identity Manager 3.5 Administration (Course 3091) and the ATT - Novell Identity Manager 3.x class.
Along with experience with Novell Identity Manager, experience in developing web-based applications or workflow systems is highly recommended.
- Extensive, hands-on experience writing Novell Identity Manager policies.
- Identity Manager Administration (Course 3091)
- ATT - Novell Identity Manager 3.x attendance
Students must have Novell Identity Manager meta-directory skills such as configuring drivers, filters, policies, etc. before attending.
- Configuring and managing individuals and teams with the User Application
- Provisioning using Entitlements
- Customizing workflow processes
- Creating, configuring and assigning Roles
- Creating Separation of Duties constraints
- Using Designer to manage Roles