ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Advanced Administration (Novell Technical Training)
Could Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security Management be managing your end-points more effectively?
In today's computing environments, the majority of new data is on the endpoint. These devices are mobile and not always behind your perimeter security. Laptops, smart phones, MP3 players, thumb drives and other portable endpoint devices need to be effectively managed to help control security concerns. In this course, you will learn the advanced installation and administration of Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security Management. Soon you will be managing and securing endpoint points in your enterprise, meaning you can rest easy knowing you have an effective secure endpoint management policy.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 2 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Install back-end services and the ZENworks Security Client
- Use the Management Console to implement location-based and global settings
- Publish Security Policies
- Manage endpoint Wi-Fi environments with ZENworks Endpoint Security Management
- Implement VPN Enforcement
Desktop support personnel and network administrators responsible for the installation and implementation of endpoint security should take this course to learn how to use Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security Management to protect their enterprises.
You should be experienced with the installation and on-going support of Windows workstations in a networked environment and have attended the online class: ATT Online - Securing Workstations Using ZENworks Endpoint Security Management. If you have not attended the online class, you should have done a Single-Server Installation (SSI) of ZENworks Endpoint Security Managament as well as installed and used the Management Console.
This course covers multiple topics, many of which are listed below:
- Installing back-end services
- Understanding the ESM Setup File Folder
- Advanced tips for installing the ZENworks Security Client
- Understanding what locations are and how to define them
- Controlling the endpoint communications hardware
- Implementing storage device control
- Configuring a location's firewall
- Controlling access to USB devices
- Understanding the relationship between a location's storage device control and USB connectivity screens
- Knowing the differences between global settings and location-based settings
- Establishing wireless control
- Implementing ZENworks Endpoint Security Management data encryption
- Implementing VPN enforcement
- Understanding and publishing security policies
- Controlling access to the Management Console
- Configuring the management of back-end services
You might also be interested in: